Landscape control – Rabbits
The strategy to achieve this outcome is based on:
- Gaining regulatory approval for the release and monitoring of any new effective RHD Boost strains as part of a government-agreed integrated rabbit control implementation plan with the goal of reducing rabbit impacts for over two-thirds of Australia — 5.3 million km2 between 2015-2024.
- Creating a comprehensive RHD resistance model and strategic knowledge to maintain RHD as an effective biocontrol agent in Australia.
- Undertaking strategic, efficient and effective implementation of new and existing rabbit control methods through the Rabbit Decision Support System and National Rabbit Facilitator.
- RHD Boost: roll-out of new RHDV strains
- Comprehensive RHD resistance model
- Non-pathogenic rabbit caliciviruses
- RHD Accelerator platform technology
- New potential rabbit biocontrol agent prospecting and assessment
- Decision-support systems for effective rabbit management
- Related project: Facilitating community led rabbit management in Australia
Progress highlights and more information:
Further information about each project including key achievements is listed in our Research Portfolio Summary and Annual Report, published yearly. Both can be downloaded from www.invasiveanimals.com/publications/corporate/